Addendum to Executive Order 01-20
On Tuesday, Gov Scott issued Addendum 9 to Executive Order 01-20 extending the State of Emergency through January 15. Although Vermont did not see a surge in new COVID cases after Thanksgiving, the number of new cases is still high, averaging over 100 per day.
With the Holiday season upon us, it’s important to keep in mind that we need to continue to follow the protocols for avoiding the transmission of COVID-19:
- Do not get together or socialize with anyone you don’t live with.
- Avoid traveling when possible, even within Vermont. Anyone who travels to or from Vermont must quarantine. The only exception is for essential travel.
- Wear a mask and keep a 6-foot distance from anyone outside your household.
- If you’re sick, stay home.
- Not everyone with COVID-19 has a fever. Even mild symptoms (like a headache or dry cough) could be signs of COVID-19. Talk to your health care provider about getting tested and stay home while waiting for your result.
- Also seek testing if you are a close contact of a case. If you gathered with others outside your household, quarantine and get tested right away, and on Day 7 or later.
The first shipments of the COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Vermont this week. While this is very good news, it must be emphasized that it will be months before the vaccine is available to the general public. Visit the Vermont Department of Health website for the latest news regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and its availability in Vermont.
Be Smart, Stay Safe!